Boulder Pad Rental
Want to try outdoor climbing?
Why not rent one of our boulder pads to have a go at outdoor climbing without investing in an expensive boulder pad?
Costs are: £12.50 per pad for one day and an extra £7.50 per pad per additional day.
On the day of rental you will come to Flash to collect the pads and sign our Boulder Pad Rental agreement, and then you return them back to Flash at the end of your last day of Rental, having cleaned them prior to returning them. You are not limited to just the weekend, If you would like to rent the pads during the week then contact the centre directly.
You can find our boulder pad rental agreement here.
Where does Flash recommend going?
Here are several places within 1.5 hours drive of Birmingham that we would recommend:
- Cademan Woods is a good local venue only 45 minutes from Flash with a good range of grades. We particularly recommend the Adams Family Block!. You can find more information about Cademan here.
- Forest Rock is a cave located in the village of Woodhouse Eaves. It is renowned for its hard slate boulders developed by Orrin Coley. Find out more here.
- Churnet Valley is an extensive bouldering area located just outside the Peak District with a good variety of grades and styles over a few sectors. You can find a link to the bouldering guide book here.
- The Roaches is an area in the south east of the Peak District that one of our favourites because it is incredibly picturesque, as well as having some incredible climbs over a wide grade range. We recommend the “Three Pocket Slab” as a classic 6a here. This are is covered in Rockfax’s “Peak Bouldering”, found here.
- Burbage South Valley is a great entry level venue in the Peak District with a wide variety of climbs in the easier grade boundaries, all with friendly top outs and good landing zones. A good venue for your first outdoor boulder. This area is also covered in Rockfax’s “Peak Bouldering”.
If you are curious about outdoor bouldering or have any questions regarding the boulder pad rental don’t hesitate to ask one of our friendly staff members or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org